Thursday 17 January 2013

苹果蜜枣炖莲子

When I reached home last night, beside the usual bear hug I got from hub, I was also welcome by a "pouty" sexy lips!! Oh no, that's a sign of heatiness! And before I'm able to put down my bag, hub is already complaining that he he is feeling the heatiness coming out from his body resulting in the red sexy pouty lips!

*DING* I can use this to experiment with the new kitchen gadjet that I about online a while back. So I quickly search through the fridge and find myself an apple, chinese honey dates & lin zhi. I shall put all ingredient in the pot and make a soup stew for hub to reduce the heatiness

This is new pot that I bought, mini and compact


Comes with digital display and equip with few cooking options - Steam, Fast Stew, Slow Stew & Keep Warm


Before


After

And served immediately!!

This round I use the Fast Stew option and the automated cooking time is 2 hours, which I think is quite sufficient. After 2 hours, even the Lin Zhi is also soft n melt in the mouth!! I'm definately gonna try more recipes with  this new gadjet!


Recipe (Adapted from various sources to suit my limited ingredients)

1 Red apple - Peeled and quartered (There were some findings saying you should include the skin as well, but I am lazy and didn't do a pre-wash on the apple so i just peel & quartered the apple)
1 handful of Lin Zhi
1 handful of Dried Sea Coconut - aka Kon Hoi Dai Ye
1 Honey Dates - aka Mat Zhou
1 bowl of water
Double boil for 2 hours

 


2 comments:

  1. after eating there are no more sexy red pouty lips...

    ReplyDelete